Quality Programming & Accreditation
Jameson Camp is a United Way partner agency and is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). This accreditation means that Jameson must adhere to many sets of standards that ensure that our programs and facilities are safe well-managed. See below some important info on what ACA accreditation does for you and your child.
When it comes to the important stuff like background checks on our employees, to safe food-handling procedures, or even appropriate certifications for our health care staff, ACA Accreditation ensures that we follow these practices.
- ACA accreditation verifies that a camp has complied with up to 300 standards for health, safety, and program quality, which are recognized by courts of law and government regulators.
- ACA-accreditation standards cover all aspects of camp operation from site/food service and health care to management and staffing.
- The American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at ACA-Accredited® camps reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation.
- Accreditation is a parent’s best evidence of a camp’s commitment to health and safety.
- ACA accreditation assures parents that the camp has had a regular, independent safety audit that goes beyond regulations in most states.
- Our Challenge Course programs use accredited safety systems and standards, facilitated by well-trained, certified leaders to facilitate a fun, supportive and inspiring adventure. We also have a continued, long standing safety record and our courses are inspected annually.
Why is this important to Jameson Camp and to you as a parent?
- It holds us to high standards to provide an all around better and safer camp experience for your child
- Staff receive ongoing training so they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to do their job well while your child is in our care and supervision
- Provides a quality foundation for safety and health
- Our commitment to achieve excellence in its field
Funding and Management Annual Reports
2015 Annual Report