Parent Information & Resources
Get Outside. Grow Inside.
PARENT HANDBOOK: Our parent handbooks serve as your guide to camp! They will tell you all about what to bring, how to keep in touch with your child, when and where to pick up and drop off your child, and more! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (317) 241-2661 or email@example.com.
AWARD-WINNING PROGRAMMING and ACCREDITATION: Jameson Camp is a United Way partner agency and is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). This accreditation means that Jameson must adhere to many sets of standards that ensure that our programs and facilities are safe well-managed. See below some important info on what ACA accreditation does for you and your child. When it comes to the important stuff like background checks on our employees, to safe food-handling procedures, or even appropriate certifications for our health care staff, ACA Accreditation ensures that we follow these practices.
- ACA accreditation verifies that a camp has complied with up to 300 standards for health, safety, and program quality, which are recognized by courts of law and government regulators.
- ACA-accreditation standards cover all aspects of camp operation from site/food service and health care to management and staffing.
- The American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at ACA-Accredited® camps reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation.
- Accreditation is a parent’s best evidence of a camp’s commitment to health and safety.
- ACA accreditation assures parents that the camp has had a regular, independent safety audit that goes beyond regulations in most states.
- Our Challenge Course programs use accredited safety systems and standards, facilitated by well-trained, certified leaders to facilitate a fun, supportive and inspiring adventure. We also have a continued, long standing safety record and our courses are inspected annually.
- QUALIFIED and CARING STAFF: We hire young adults (age 18+) who are committed to helping your camper have a fun and transformative experience. We have a 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio, and all Jameson Camp Staff participate in an extensive eleven day staff training at the beginning of the summer.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TO YOU AS A PARENT?
- It holds us to high standards to provide an all around better and safer camp experience for your child
- Staff receive ongoing training so they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to do their job well while your child is in our care and supervision
- Provides a quality foundation for safety and health
- Our commitment to achieve excellence in its field
We understand that the cost of camp can be overwhelming, especially when sending multiple children to camp. While our primary way of reducing camp costs is to use our sliding fee scale, we have a few other resources that help families to make camp affordable. If you have any questions regarding payment plans, Topsy Turvy, or other financial resources, please contact our office at 317.241.2661
Jameson Camp is happy to set up payment plans that extend from your date of registration through your first day of camp. In order to set up a payment plan, we will need to know how often you would like to pay, and in what amount. To set up your payment plan, please email our registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 317.241.2661 x31
Topsy Turvy Fundraiser
Looking for a way to lower your camp cost?
Our Topsy Turvy 5k is a family-friendly way for your family to raise money for your camper fees.
To receive the most current camp registration information and other Jameson Camp updates, please follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter.