JobsAre you passionate about empowering youth through experiences in nature? Jameson Camp is committed to creating an equal and inclusive working environment for all people and to providing a welcome, safe, and accepting space for the people we serve.
Building and Grounds Manager
$30,000 – $50,000
This position will oversee the development, maintenance, and repair of Jameson Camp’s buildings, pool, vehicles and trailers, maintenance equipment, and 135 acres of land. This position will have responsibility over facility/asset maintenance and repair, implementation of camp’s preventative maintenance plan, housekeeping, and general land management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee the purchase, use, and care of all maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Implement system for regular maintenance and upkeep of camp buildings and grounds, including routine duties such as mowing, painting, etc.
- Schedule for routine maintenance and vendor contracts on equipment and services including fire prevention, trash removal, recycling, backflow preventers, hydrants, HVAC systems, etc.
- Manage natural resources of the camp including forest and water quality management to ensure protection and proper utilization occurs.
- Coordinate vendors engaged in the maintenance and improvement of the camp’s buildings, equipment, and other facilities.
- Manage seasonal staff on maintenance and housekeeping.
- Prepare an annual budget in consultation with your supervisor.
- Perform all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines, including local, state, and federal guidelines as well as American Camp Association accreditation standards.
The Property Manager is responsible for representing the camp in maintaining its relationship with regulatory agencies, other consultants, and local vendors.
A high school diploma or its equivalent, plus two years of experience in the following areas: facility and site management, maintenance, construction, and/or land management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The position requires basic knowledge in areas of engineering, painting, carpentry, electrical wiring and controls, plumbing, pools, HVAC systems and machinery operation.
Proficiency in the safe and proper use of power equipment and tools, heavy and light machinery, and building materials.
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter and resume if you’re interested!