Volunteering makes it possible to care for the 132 acre outdoor campus where thousands of children and teens are building more than campfires.
This month, a team of 65 volunteers from Allison Transmission gave 325 collective hours to the stewardship of Jameson Camp. Some of the achievements of these hardworking individuals include:
- Spread FOUR TONS of woodchips to make trails safer and outdoor recreation more accessible
- Spread 200 cubic feet of landscaping mulch
- Chopped enough firewood for three months of programming (and repaired the log splitter)
- Built a mini-barn
- Installed a secure mailbox
- Weeded two sign gardens and half a mile of garden beds
- Removed invasive species to help native plants and animals thrive
- Cleared solar panels increasing energy sustainability and efficiency
- Refreshed the Nature Center, Jameson Center, and multiple cabins
- Organized maintenance garage to make finding tools and supplies easier
- Volunteers supplied water, tools, the use of pickup trucks, and concrete for projects
Jameson Camp would like to thank the staff at McAllister’s Deli – Avon for their work in preparing and deliverying hearty lunches for those who volunteers.
A special thanks to the team at United Way of Central Indiana for making this partnership possible.