COVID - 19


UPDATE 5-15-2020

During this unprecedented and uncertain time, we have been planning and preparing for summer as usual with the hopes that we would be able to safely run our summer camp program.

For over 92 years, Jameson Camp has strived to maintain the safest possible camp program that we can. In the last few months, we have taken into consideration the recommendations and guidelines the CDC developed for the American Camp Association. We’ve looked at a multitude of options for keeping groups to small numbers or separated. In an effort to protect campers and staff and make sure that Jameson Camp is positioned to continue serving campers, families and guests for years to come, we need to cancel all summer programming for 2020.

This is a heart-breaking and incredibly difficult decision and was not entered into lightly by our staff and board of directors. We feel it is important to remain consistent with orders, recommendations, and guidance from government officials and healthcare professionals. Due to the many unknowns of this virus, and the trust that so many have put in Jameson Camp to provide a safe environment for all, we cannot hold camp in person this summer.

For those of you who have paid some, or all, of your 2020 fees, we are offering four options:

  • Donate all paid fees. This helps us continue to operate on a year-round basis and enables our full-time staff to continue working and developing programs for summer, outdoor education, and groups & conferences. You will receive a donation receipt.
  • Donate a portion of paid fees, receive refund or 2021 credit for rest. This option helps in the same way as above. You can specify what amount you’d like to donate and what amount you’d like refunded back to your original payment method.
  • Carryover all fees to 2021.
  • Full refund. Your refund will be paid back to your original payment method.

Please email Salina Billington at to let us know which option your family has decided is best for you at this time.

Thank you so much for your continued understanding, patience, and support of Jameson Camp through this challenge. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime.


Jennie Broady, Executive Director

The Jameson Camp Board of Directors


UPDATE 5/8/2020

Jameson Camp, it’s Board of Directors, and staff have been weighing all options for summer. This is a decision we are not taking lightly. We will be making a final decision on May 11th and announcing our plans by May 12th.


  • Youth Leadership Follow-Up, March 20-22 – POSTPONED
  • Summer Jam, March 21 CANCELLED
  • Spring Break Trip, Youth Leadership, POSTPONED
  • May Breakfast (May 20th), POSTPONED to October 28th
  • Overnight Camp, week one – CANCELLED (May 23-29 only)


As we navigate the COVID-19 Pandemic together as a society, we will be working with each rental group on a case-by-case basis. If your organization is planning to cancel your event, please reach out to Gidget Vickers as soon as possible.


At this time, we will be asking our staff to work from home. We will be moving all meetings to virtual meetings, including board and committee meetings.

If you would like a tour of our facility, we will be conducting virtual tours until further notice. We can send you a video link, or set up a FaceTime or Google Duo tour with one of our amazing staff! Contact Gidget Vickers at for your personal virtual tour today!

UPDATE 3-13-2020: Jameson Camp is committed to the health and safety of everyone. As the COVID-19 recommendations change, our policies and procedures will be updated here regularly.


Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Jameson Camp has lost revenue we rely on to help fund our camp operations. We lost an entire environmental education season as well as rentals from March through June. We have also had to postpone our spring fundraiser. Together, this totals approximately $200,000 in lost revenue.


Please consider donating by clicking here.


To see our employment information related to COVID-19, click here:


2001 Bridgeport Rd

Indianapolis, IN 46231


Jameson Camp